Monday, July 16, 2007

Wet Commute

I had a new experience today. I got caught in the rain on my commute home. I was keeping track of the coming storm on weather dot com and I knew it was coming, but I just had to get that one last thing done and, well, I got caught. It wasn't raining hard, but it was hard enough to soak my shoes and the front of my pants and shirt. It could have been worse. I had just repaired my front fender so I didn't have mud kicked up in my face. I did make it home fast. Amazing what a little motivation will do. I think the only time I got home faster was when I got in with a paceline and rode their draft home. Getting caught in the rain wasn't so bad. I wouldn't want to do it everyday, but having a short commute was the difference between funny and miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment