Sunday, September 9, 2007

Biking in the Bible Belt

Cyclelicious points to an article that suggests that the town of New Llano, LA might ban the use of bicycles in town. The proposed "no wheels" ordinance will prohibit the use of skateboards, roller blades, roller skates, bicycles, etc. anywhere in the corporate limits of the Town of New Llano with the exception of the individual's private property. The reason? Skateboarders have been tearing up city property. I'm surprised they didn't ban strollers and wheelchairs, too.

This story also reminded me of a short film I saw at last year's Bicycle Film Fest called Biking in the Bible Belt.

2 comments:

  1. I got my first "real" bike in Virginia, and did my first Century (with Lance!) in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shoulda mentioned that I'm a Choctaw, a direct descendant of a "Trail of Tears" survivor.

    ReplyDelete