Monday, August 27, 2007

Glencoe Grand Prix

Yesterday, the first annual (I was going to say inaugural, but I couldn't spell it) Glencoe Grand Prix was held in beautiful downtown Glencoe, Illinois. By any measure, it was a success. There was a full day of competitive racing under perfect weather. I spent my day watching the races, volunteering as a course marshal and taking snapshots with my Canon Elph. I got 81 pictures before the battery failed. My raw photos are now on a Flickr group that I creatively named "Glencoe Grand Prix". Feel free to post your own photos of the event there or add comments. I will eventually post a few of these shots after a little time with photoshop.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for volunteering, Frank! Races couldn't exist without people handling registration and minding the crosswalks. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It was fun to volunteer. I got to meet some new people and got a free t-shirt as well. BTW, are you the same Luke that added 4 photos to the flickr group? Those were some great shots!

    ReplyDelete